If you are thinking about applying to Higher Achievement, you probably have a lot of questions. We've asked our scholars to answer the questions we hear most often from students like you. If you aren't seeing the answers to your questions here, let us know.
In the words of our scholars
Higher Achievement scholars often tell us that their favorite parts of the program also are the hardest parts. They know that the effort they put into Higher Achievement is helping them learn more now — and preparing them to be better high school and college students in the future.
What is the best part of Higher Achievement?
- The best part of Higher Achievement is you get extra help and have more fun than you do in school.
- The best part would have to be the summer field trips.
- Higher Achievement created a foundation that will help me in high school and in everything.
- The best part of Higher Achievement is the mentoring sessions that help the scholars learn.
- The best parts are study hall and elective. I like study hall because you get all of your homework done and you get a nice sense of accomplishment. I like elective because it’s fun to hang out with your friends.
What is the hardest part of Higher Achievement?
- Mentoring is very hard for me because it adds more work to my day. But it also helps me with my schoolwork, which is a good thing.
- Doing your homework every day. Sometimes I just don’t want to … but I do it.
- The hardest part is mentoring because you have to stay for long periods doing work, but I guess it’s good for you to learn.
- I go home late, but I don’t care as long as I learn above and beyond.
- The hardest part of Higher Achievement is doing difficult homework in study hall.
Do you ever regret making such a big time commitment?
- No, because it helps me finish my school work.
- Not at all. It’s improved my grades a lot. I don’t know what I’ll do when I leave.
- I don’t regret making a big time commitment such as this one. I would have to learn how to make and keep commitments sooner or later in life. Higher Achievement is good practice … plus, I’m starting early!
- Sometimes, but it has helped me to mature into the young lady I am today.
Does Higher Achievement make it easier to do your schoolwork?
- Yes, because you have people helping you.
- Higher Achievement has disciplined me a little, so my schoolwork is much easier.
- HA has made it easier for me to complete my schoolwork and homework because I have become more self-disciplined, and I practice unbreakable focus.
- Yes, because they go over the work, and they keep going until you get it.
What is the biggest change in your life since you started Higher Achievement?
- I get better grades. I am more confident.
- I got to meet new friends.
- Higher Achievement exposed me to things that I probably wouldn’t have done if I wasn’t in this program. I’m thankful for that.
- My grades are higher. I love school more and working with my friends more.